Wednesday 26th July (9:30am – 4:30pm)
Maldon & District CVS (M&DCVS) within the Maldon District Council offices
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training is an interactive and practical training course to help you spot the early signs of a mental health problem. It will equip you with tools and techniques to help you, your friends, family and colleagues.
What you say, how you say it, and how well you listen, can have a profound impact on someone who is emotionally distressed or having a difficult time. Everyone can learn and benefit from MHFA skills.
Mental Health First Aid Training (MHFA) is a nationally and internationally-recognised training course delivered by our experienced, fully-qualified MHFA Instructor.
The aim is to give you the knowledge, skills and understanding to identify symptoms, so you can support yourself and others experiencing mental health problems.
*** YOU WILL RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF TRAINING ON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE ***
Learn how to:
• Recognise the main signs and symptoms of mental ill health
• Provide initial help
• Guide the person towards appropriate professional help
• Develop an understanding of how to create and maintain a healthier community and more productive workforce
• Be mindful of your own wellbeing
Learn about, discuss and take part in group and individual activities covering:
• What is Mental Health?
• The 5 steps of Mental Health First Aid
• Anxiety disorders