As part of the wider work that Maldon & District CVS are undertaking, the “Suicide Prevention” project has been established to address issues surrounding suicide as well as facilitate & provide support to all within Maldon & surrounding district.
This project is steered by the suicide prevention group, made up of key organisations who are involved in this area of work with the aim to identify people & areas at risk and to then direct resources & opportunities to support & prevent suicide from happening.
FREE TRAINING IS OFFERED to all within Maldon & surrounding District.
– ONLINE `MAP – Suicide Resilience` training is a short & accessible 3-hour ONLINE training course to provide valuable skills & knowledge in suicide awareness, alertness & intervention.
View all our current courses online at here
The topic of suicide can be an extremely scary issue to approach, especially if we are concerned about someone but feel that we don`t know what to say or do & are worried that we may make things worse by trying to help…
This can make us shy away from talking about it, and can create stigma that can really get in the way of PREVENTING suicide from happening.
But there is good news!;
By taking this training course, you can develop your knowledge & skills so that you feel more able & confident to help should the situation require it.
You will learn the following;
– Learn how to recognize warning signs in others.
– Learn how to recognize the potential threat of suicide & what to do about it.
– Be able to take safe & appropriate action if needed (in crisis situations).
– Develop confidence in your ability to safely discuss & tackle the topic of suicide with aim to prevent it from ever happening.
Learn these valuable skills for use in both your work & personal / home environments.
For more information or to book, please contact;
Michelle Gardiner (Maldon & District CVS Project Officer)
Tel: 01621 851891 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our events page for our coming courses.