During Adult Safeguarding Week 21-25 November 2022, Maldon and District CVS are hosting a FREE online 90 minute DBS Barring Workshop on Making Recruitment Safer.
The workshop is led by Georgie Mitchell, the East of England Regional Outreach Advisor for the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). It will cover:
- The different barring referral routes
- The legislation underpinning barring work
- When a barring referral legally has to be made
- What regulated activity is and what is harm
- How to make a good quality referral
- The consequences of not making an appropriate referral
- And the impact of being barred
It will end with a Q&A session.
The workshop will be held on Tuesday 22 November 1-2.30pm.
Booking is essential as spaces are limited.
For more information and to book please contact Catherine at M&DCVS on 01621 851891 or email firstname.lastname@example.org